This emphasis on the adverse weather conditions (though it did stay dry at least!) is the explanation for scores being higher than last year's. Some ladies did extremely well in the testing conditions, notably overall winner Caroline Johnstone who shot a nett 70, playing off 10. Excellent score in those conditions, Caroline!
To the majority of the field's great relief, the CSS(*) went up to 72 and was REDUCTION ONLY.
1. Caroline Johnstone (Murrayfield) 80 (10) nett 70
2. Irene Stewart (Musselburgh) 86 (15) nett 71
3. Dulcie Barnes (Gullane) 81 (9) nett 72
4. Elsa Todd (Prestonfield) 90 (17) nett 73
2. Lesley Gray (Gullane) 95 (21) nett 74
2. Caroline Johnstone (Murrayfield) 80
Twos were scored by Ruth Brown, Gilly Glen, Jane Neville and Hazel Saunders. Magical twos indeed!
Further to yesterday's post, notifications have been sent to CDH with members' scores and CSS information. As explained in the post of 11th April, two CSS calculations have to be done because more than 20 members of Gullane Ladies participated. There are therefore two separate reports below if you wish to look at all the scores but the placings above reflect the position in the Spring Meeting across the whole competition.
Click here for Visitors (non GLGC) and Gullane members' scores